This year, the annual Tim Hortons Smile Cookie campaign runs from September 14 – 20 in participating Restaurants across Canada. During the campaign, guests can enjoy a freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookie for $1, plus applicable taxes, and the Tim Hortons restaurant owners will donate the full $1 from each cookie sold back to local charities – like Brant Food For Thought, right here in Brantford.
Order ahead with your
Give A Smile by volunteering your time to help decorate
Smile Cookies at select Tim Hortons Brantford locations.
Brant Food For Thought has prepared a quick FAQ document for volunteers interested in helping out:
Click on the link for the schedule of volunteers shifts, on a first come first serve basis:
Brant Food For Thought is the lead charitable organization that contributes to a child’s ability to learn by facilitating and supporting Universal Student Nutrition Programs in elementary and secondary schools in Brantford and in the County of Brant. We believe that,
- Nutrition is a fundamental determinant of healthy child development;
- Good nutrition positively affects a child’s ability to learn;
- Student nutrition programs should provide equitable access to the most nutritious foods possible; and,
- The community has a collective responsibility for the well-being of our children
Since 1998, Brant Food For Thought has been supporting universal student nutrition programs with access to grants for food and equipment, networking and fundraising opportunities, workshops, volunteer training, public relations and community awareness. Gisèle Budgell, Program Director, expresses her gratitude for the community’s support. “During this challenging time, Brant Food For Thought continues to partner with local community agencies to help distribute boxes of whole produce and healthy foods to support children, youth and their families. Our mission remains to contribute to a child’s ability to learn, whether it is in the school setting or online from home. We are grateful to our funders, donors, community partners and everyone who supports this year’s Smile Cookie campaign, for working together with us to continue supporting children and youth in our school communities.”
Did you know…
- There are 550 Canadian charities, hospitals and community programs supported through the Smile Cookie campaign.
- In 2018, the Smile Cookie campaign raised $7.8 million across Canada.
- The Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario and has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants nationally.
Visit TimHortons.com/smilecookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign.
- Join the conversation online and share your smiles on social media using the hashtag #SmileCookie.
Thank you for supporting the healthy development and
learning potential of children and youth in our communities!